Our Mission, Vision and Values
At Phoenix Children's Hospital, we are guided by a compassionate mission, a clear vision and consistent values.
We provide hope, healing, and the best health care for children and their families.
Phoenix Children's will be the premier regional pediatric center in the Southwest, nationally recognized as one of the best for pediatric care, innovative research and medical education. We will:
- Offer the most comprehensive pediatric care services in the Southwest region providing a full range of services solely dedicated to children
- Be recognized for innovative research supported by leading clinical trials of new treatment and diagnostic methods
- Be recognized for providing advanced education and training for clinical providers
- Be known as an effective advocate for Arizona’s children
- Family centered care that focuses on the need of the child first and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service, and communication
- Collaboration within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that sets the standard for pediatric health care today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best services in the most cost-effective way
Enterprise-Wide Strategic Areas of Focus
- Phoenix Children’s will grow by expanding service lines; enhancing geographic coverage; aligning with physicians, hospitals and networks; expanding research and academic programs; and improving financial performance.
- Phoenix Children’s will become a clinically integrated organization, aligned with physicians and organizations committed to improving quality across the continuum of care while effectively managing the total cost of care.
- Phoenix Children’s will identify and implement changes that continually improve clinical quality, patient safety and customer service, using evidence-based best practices.