Nutrition Program for Children - Kohl's F.I.T. - Families in Training
F.I.T. Families are healthy families!
The F.I.T program helps promote healthier lifestyles for children and families. F.I.T. is available at www.kohlsfit.com.
The Kohl's F.I.T. website provides fun and interactive strategies for smart eating and physical activity, including:
- Tips on how to make positive changes
- Creating family goals around good nutrition and physical activity
- Building a healthy foundation for your family
Tips for your family to start at home today:
- 60 minutes of play every day!
- Eat the rainbow; vary your colors of fruits and vegetables every day
- Limit "screen time" (TV viewing, computer games and computer time) to less than 2 hours per day
- Have a family activity plan; encourage families to be active together after school and on the weekends
- Stay hydrated, drink water before and take breaks during your activities and playtime
- Parents are the best teachers for kids. By creating a healthy environment, children learn healthy habits that will last a lifetime