Nutrition Program for Children - Kohl's F.I.T. - Families in Training
F.I.T. Families are healthy families!
Your family can improve what they eat and how active they are by joining F.I.T. (Families In Training). The F.I.T program targets areas that will help create healthier lifestyles for children and families. F.I.T. is available as an onsite program or online through our website www.kohlsfit.com.
Kohl's F.I.T. Interactive Website
The Kohl's F.I.T. website provides fun and interactive strategies for smart eating and physical activity, including:
- Tips on how to make positive changes.
- Creating family goals around good nutrition and physical activity.
- Building a healthy foundation for your family.
- Our monthly healthy tips enewsletter.
Create your family’s account today at www.kohlsfit.com!
F.I.T. offers an onsite program to the local community, upon request.
For more information or to host or attend an onsite F.I.T. class, please contact us.
Tips for your family to start at home today:
- 60 minutes of play every day!
- Eat the rainbow; vary your colors of fruits and vegetables every day.
- Limit "screen time" (TV viewing, computer games and computer time) to less than 2 hours per day.
- Have a family activity plan; encourage families to be active together after school and on the weekends.
- Stay hydrated, drink water before and take breaks during your activities and playtime.
Parents are the best teachers for kids. By creating a healthy environment, children learn healthy habits that will last a lifetime.
"Monkey see….monkey do!"
Funding and History
F.I.T. is generously funded by Kohl’s Cares and brought to you by Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
F.I.T. originally started as nutrition classes for parents of Kohl’s Kids Rock Star participants (our school based walking/running activity program.) In an effort to reach more families in the community and to make the program available across the country, the F.I.T. website was launched.
Community Outreach/Injury Prevention