42nd Annual Melvin L. Cohen, MD Pediatric Update
March 11-14, 2019 at the Scottsdale Plaza Resort
This continuing medical education event welcomes hundreds of physicians from across the country who recognize and value this opportunity to learn the latest evidence-based practices in pediatric medicine.
Pediatric Update 2019 consists of morning sessions, each lasting five hours on four successive days (Monday, March 11 through Thursday, March 14). This course offers the practicing physician broad current information to provide high-quality care for children. Course material has practical application covering the most recent advances and current issues in pediatrics.
Beautiful Scottsdale, Ariz. offers exciting options for things to see and do. From world-class museums and a renowned botanical garden to the nation’s largest wilderness preserve. Amusement parks, an award-winning zoo and a railroad museum appeal to all ages.
Desert Trails Horseback Ride
Riding horseback is the perfect way to experience the beautiful Sonoran Desert up close. Riders will travel out to the stables, slowly leave civilization behind and come upon a vast expanse of Arizona cacti and desert scrub. Upon arrival at the stables, riders will be saddled up and given riding instructions by knowledgeable rider guides. Then, they’re off—this adventure ride will take riders up and down hills, through rivers, over washes and into mesquite groves. There is simply nothing like it!
Riders will feel fortunate to be visiting the lushest desert in the world. The scenery and panoramic views make for a wonderful Arizona experience that should not be passed by.
Recommended Attire: Long pants, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses.
Duration: 4 hours
- Deluxe Roundtrip Transportation
- Horseback ride based on pricing as listed above
- Wrangler guide
- Bottled waters
- The Scottsdale Plaza Resort staff coordination
- All applicable gratuities
RESTRICTIONS: Age restriction for horseback riding is 8 years old and the max weight restriction is 280 lbs.
Scottsdale Plaza Resort
The Scottsdale Plaza Resort is the perfect desert retreat. The resort features five heated swimming pools, a salon and day spa, state-of-the-art health club, two lighted tennis courts, racquet ball court, two championship golf courses just steps away from the resort, and award winning dining. A limited number of guest rooms are being held at Scottsdale Plaza for a reduced rate.
- Vasudha Bhavaraju, MD, FAAP, Medical Education
- Micah Olson, MD, Endocrinology/Obesity
- Veenod Chulani, MD MSED, FSAHM, CEDS, Adolescent Medicine
- Nathan Page, MD, FAAP, Otolaryngology/ENT
- Kaleo Ede, MD, Rheumatology
- Fernando Stein, MD, FAAP, Critical Care
- Richard Frye, MD, PhD, FAAP, FAAN, CPI, Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Matthew Troester, DO, Neurology/Sleep Disorders
- Richard Jacobs, MD FAAP, FIDSA, Infectious Disease
- Dana Williams, MD, Gastroenterology
- Christine Knoll, MD, Hematology/Oncology
- Sophia Williams, MD, MPH, Pulmonology
- Tieraona Low Dog, MD, Integrative Medicine
- Sierra Wolter, MD, FAAD, Dermatology
- Jordan Metzl, MD, Sports Medicine
Fees to Attend
- $690 for practicing physicians
- $565 for retired physicians, residents, nurses and other allied health professionals
- Registration fees include breakfast each morning, refreshments during the meeting and an evening reception. All sessions were held at Scottsdale Plaza Resort.
Those who register for the course and reserve a room through the Phoenix Children’s Pediatric Update guest room block at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, prior to 12/31/2018, will receive a course registration discount of $50.
Registration Is Easy! Simply click the button below, then click on the green bar that says “TICKETS,” enter the amount of tickets you want in the appropriate ticket type section, fill out the payment and billing information and click the green button that says, “Pay Now” - that’s it! You are registered!
Registration fees include breakfast each morning, refreshments during the meeting and an evening reception.