Donating Toys, Books or Family Items
Donating items like these are a great way to support Phoenix Children’s Hospital!
However, what can be accepted has limitations. The general guidelines are explained below, or link to a specific topic:
- Holiday Toy Drives
- Donations for other Family Centered Care Programs
Items donated are given to patients by our Child Life Team to celebrate holidays, birthdays and achievements in their treatment. Each patient that is about to go into surgery is given a brand new stuffed animal. They also help supply our playrooms and help patients through particularly tough days.
We are often in need of infant toys and games for teens. For a complete listing of items most needed please visit the Child Life Wish List.
- Toys and stuffed animals: Due to infection control guidelines, all toy and stuffed animal donations must be brand new with tags still attached and in their original packaging.
- We cannot accept toys that are violent in nature or have weapon accessories or toys that include any food or candy.
- If the items you would like to donate are not new or in original packaging, please consider donating them to other charitable organizations such as UMOM or Family Promise.
- All donations can be dropped off at the Main Lobby desk at the Thomas Road main campus.
- If it is a large donation, please let us know so that we can arrange to meet you in the lobby.
- Contact us at: Donations@phoenixchildrens.com or call 602-933-TOYS.
Holiday Toy Drives: TOY DRIVE map hours and donations guide
Each year unwrapped new toys are accepted from toy drives held by companies, community organizations and individual donors. Every child admitted to the hospital over the holiday will receive a toy. Any holiday donations that are not distributed help sustain our ability to give toys to children in the hospital throughout the year. Please link to the donations guide above for more information and collection dates and times.
There are several programs at Phoenix Children’s Hospital that rely solely on donations:
Clothing Closet: Our clothing closet is always accepting donations of NEW clothes like those listed below. For various reasons, a patient may not have clothes to wear when they get to go home, and parents may not have a change of clothes for long stays at the hospital:
- Baby clothes
- Large and X-Large shirts and elastic waist pants
- Large child sizes of underwear and sports bras
- Adult clothing for parents
- “Zip-Loc” Snack sized bags
- Store bought cookies (may not be homemade)
- Snacks – granola bars, fruit snacks, small bags of chips, crackers, pretzels
- Baby board books for ages 0-3 years
- Princess books
- Children’s books written in Spanish
- Golden Books
- Personal hygiene items (individual travel sized - shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, lip balm, etc.)
- Hair accessories – hair brushes, hair clips, pony tail holders, hair detangler
- Non-skid socks - new
- Adult size blankets – new
- Decks of cards - new
- Sudoku games /word search games, etc. - new
- Coloring books/crayons - new
Food Pantry: When children have to stay in the hospital for long periods of time, their parents or caregivers often have to buy meals from the hospital Cafeteria. The food pantry provides convenience and some financial relief to the families who are here for extended periods of time. Donations must be "Single serving". Suggestions:
- Single serving peanut butter
- Microwaveable macaroni and cheese, Cup o’ Noodles
- Single serving cereal boxes/oatmeal
- Individually wrapped granola bars/ crackers
- Single serving fruit cups/applesauce cups
- Easy-to-open canned pasta/chili
- Bibles, New Testaments, Book of Mormon, etc.