Programs & Services
Gender Support Program
The Gender Support team understands that the process of gender development is unique to each individual. Our specialists in pediatrics, adolescent medicine and psychology work closely with youth, families, physicians, mental health therapists and other providers who may be involved in the child’s care.
Our program offers many services:
- Consults with families about parenting strategies and support for gender-affirming children and youth.
- Consults about using medicines to suppress puberty.
- Consults about gender-affirming hormonal therapy.
- Consults and offers referrals for readiness evaluation.
- Refers patients to experienced mental health providers and specialists at Phoenix Children’s for ongoing support.
- Supports and advocates for patients and families through various aspects of transition. These include transitioning in schools and completing legal name and gender marker changes in identifying documents.
- Want a Second Opinion? — Chat, call or complete this form to request a second-opinion appointment.
- Your Child's Clinic Visit — Learn more about our services and what you can do to prepare for your visit.