What Do You Know About Child Development?
Test your knowledge of child development by taking this quiz.
1. When riding in a motor vehicle, how tall should a child be to sit in a regular seat and use an adult seat belt instead of a being strapped into a car safety seat or booster seat?
A. 3 feet, 5 inchesB. 4 feetC. 4 feet, 9 inchesD. 5 feet
2. For which of these should you call your doctor instead of trying at-home treatment?
A. DiarrheaB. Head traumaC. NosebleedsD. A and C
3. Two out of 3 teen girls don't get enough of which of these in their diet?
A. CalciumB. MineralsC. OxygenD. Vitamins
4. How much has the rate of obesity in children increased in the last 35 years?
A. Hasn't increasedB. Increased by 10%C. More than doubledD. None of the above
5. Menstruation can begin at which of these ages in girls?
A. 8B. 12C. 16D. All of the above
6. It's estimated that 3 to 7 percent of American school children have attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Which of these famous people is thought to have had the condition?
A. Ben FranklinB. Albert EinsteinC. Alexander Graham BellD. All of the above
Print Source: Created for Vitality magazine
Print Source: Patient information: Head Injury in Children and Adolescents (Beyond the Basics). UptoDate.
Online Source: Adult-Child-ADD-ADHDhttp://www.adult-child-add-adhd.com/categories/general/famous_people.php
Online Source: CDChttp://www.cdc.gov/Features/dsOverweightChildren/
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/gradeschool/puberty/Pages/Girls-Secondary-Sex-Characteristics.aspx
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/nutrition/Pages/Calcium-The-Bone-Builder.aspx
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/nutrition/Pages/Hidden-Caffeine.aspx
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/ages-stages/teen/nutrition/Pages/Importance-of-Calcium.aspx
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/injuries-emergencies/Pages/Head-Injury.aspx
Online Source: American Academy of Pediatricshttp://www.healthychildren.org/English/safety-prevention/on-the-go/Pages/Car-Safety-Seats-Information-for-Families.aspx
Author: Floria, Barbara
Online Editor: Sinovic, Dianna
Online Medical Reviewer: Adler, Liora C, MD
Online Medical Reviewer: Holloway, Beth Greenblatt, RN, MEd
Date Last Reviewed: 10/1/2016
©2016 Phoenix Children's Hospital. All Rights Reserved