The lungs are the body organs that take oxygen from the air and put it into the blood. Some children are born with lung problems, others develop lung problems from injuries or infections. Exams and tests can help doctors find the problem. The treatment for a lung problem may include a medicine or surgery.
Topics on children's lungs include:
- apnea or periodic breathing
- bronchopulmonary dysplasia or BPD
- chest physical therapy or CPT
- interstitial lung disease
- passive smoking
- respiratory syncytial virus or RSV