Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital is focused on three core areas of excellence:
BARROW at Phoenix Children’s Priorities
- Grow specialized multidisciplinary collaborative programs of distinction (e.g., down syndrome clinic, fragile x, concussion, neuromuscular, movement disorders and epilepsy) to address unique needs of pediatric patients and their families
- Continue to implement the Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG) Service Excellence Program at Barrow at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Improve referral management, care coordination and implement advance practice clinician clinics to improve patient access to comprehensive care and to improve patient satisfaction.
- Promote clinical and translational research
- Foster strategic partnerships to enhance multidisciplinary innovative cutting-edge research
- Publish research outcomes that change the way care of neurological disorders is practiced and delivered
- Promote and expand professional education through seminars and quarterly programs in Concussion, Epilepsy, and Down Syndrome
- Build on the success of the annual Neuroscience Symposium
- Promote community education by development of patient and family networks, web-based education, disease and disorder-focused community programs
- Continue to attract higher level neurology residents and train the specialists of tomorrow