Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital - Programs and Services
Barrow at Phoenix Children's uses a collaborative and comprehensive approach when caring for children with neurological and behavioral disorders. We are the largest pediatric neuroscience center in the Southwest offering a full continuum of care for children in one central location.
Pediatric Neurological Programs
- ADHD Diagnostic and Medication Management Clinics
- Autism Diagnosis and Management
- Biobehavioral Program
- Cochlear Implant Program
- Comprehensive inpatient rehabilitation
- Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Program
- Comprehensive Pediatric Sleep Medicine Program
- Concussion Clinic
- Developmental Pediatrics
- Down Syndrome Clinic
- Fragile X Clinic
- Outpatient rehabilitation
- Headache Program
- Hypothalamic Hamartoma Center
- Neuroscience PICU
- Neuro-oncology Program
- Neurofibromatosis Program
- Spasticity management
- Stroke Program
- Craniofacial surgery using minimally invasive and endoscopic techniques.
- Treatment for hydrocephalus and spina bifida.
Phoenix Children's offers the only inpatient pediatric psychiatry program in Arizona for children under 16 with psychosis or dangerous behavior. The psychiatry outpatient clinic offers expert diagnosis and treatment of high complexity child and adolescent psychiatric disorders.
- Pharmacologic treatment of psychiatric conditions
- Acute stabilization of psychiatric diagnoses such as bipolar, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Neuropsychological evaluation for children with traumatic brain injury, neuro-oncology conditions, epilepsy
- Biofeedback for pain and stress management
- Psychological counseling including cognitive behavior therapy for children with chronic medical conditions
The Audiology Department coordinates a full-service cochlear implant program, from diagnosis and surgery to device fitting and monitoring, as well as rehabilitation services for the child and family.
The Center's Spasticity Management program diagnoses movement disorders and offers interdisciplinary treatments including intrathecal baclofen, BOTOX, rhizotomy, and rehabilitation (physical, occupational, and speech therapies).
Phoenix Children's has a dedicated pediatric ICU (Care Area 1F) especially for neurology and neurosurgery patients.
Developmental Pediatrics (602) 933-0970
Neurology (602) 933-0970
Neurosurgery (602) 933-0975
Neuro-NICU (602) 546-1444
Psychiatry (602) 933-0990
Psychology (602) 933-0414