ADHD Diagnostic Clinic
Location: 1919 E. Thomas Road
Phoenix, Arizona 85016
Building B, 2nd Floor
Contact: Jennifer Farabaugh*
* Please Note: This contact is for residents ONLY. If you are needing to schedule an appointment or leave a message for Developmental Pediatrics please call 602-933-0970.
Residents attend the ADHD Diagnostic Clinic every Wednesday morning. Clinic visits are preceded by a series of 4 lectures given to intern resident by senior residents on the following topics: ADHD Diagnosis and Evaluation, Medication, Home Management and School Accommodations, and Comorbidities. Residents complete a series of 3 forms during clinic visits that guide them through interviewing questions, behavioral observations, review of systems, examination, diagnosis and treatment planning.
Increase medical knowledge in the areas of: attention disorders diagnosis and treatment, major diagnostic classification and schemas, assessment of behavioral adjustment and temperament, complementary and alternative approaches, comorbidities, and consultations and referrals.
Strengthen patient care, interpersonal and communication skills and professionalism by actively participating in direct patient care using guided interview and observation forms.
Expand knowledge of system-based practice using resources and information provided in the ADHD packet, lecture material, and Emily Center packet.
Improve practice-based learning techniques by participating in educating patients and families diagnosed with ADHD and comborbidities.
Clinic Overiew Information:
- Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Abnormalities of Neurotransmitters
- Attention Deficits: What Teachers Should Know
- AHCCCS Toolkit for Managing Childhood and Adolescent ADHD
- The Role of Behavioral Therapies for ADHD
- ADHD Treatment : Then and Now
- Long-term Safety of Stumilant Medications used to Treat Children with ADHD
- Long-term Efficacy of ADHD Pharmacotherapy in Children
- Safety and Efficacy of Psychosocial Interventions Used to Treat Children with ADHD
- Approaching ADHD as a Chronic Condition
- Cardiovascular Risk in ADHD Pharmacotherapy
- Parenting Pointers for ADHD Families
- Advances in Understanding and Treating ADHD
- Prizes, and Stickers, and Praise, Oh My!
- ADHD Parent Medication Guide
- 504 Planning
- Clinical Practice Guidelines: Diagnosis & Evaluation and Treatment for School Aged Children.