St. Vincent De Paul
Location: 420 West Watkins
Phoenix, AZ 85002
Contact: Janice Ertl 602-261-6825
Residents see patients at a local free health clinic serving a primarily hispanic population without health insurance. Professional interpretors are available for non Spanish speaking residents.
- Identify and manage cultural attributes, stereotypes, and biases they bring to clinical encounters.
- Integrate into clinical encounters an understanding of diversity (family composition, gender, age, culture, race, religion, disabilities, sexual orientation, and cultural beliefs and practices) by recognizing and respecting families’ cultural backgrounds.
- Identify children, youth, or families who have limited English language proficiency and demonstrate the ability to use professional interpreters and written materials in the family’s primary language to maximize communication.
- Identify, analyze, and describe health disparities, as well as organizational assets and barriers to delivering culturally effective services.
- Describe and outline quality improvement activities to achieve health care equity
- Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Systems-Based Practices
- Medical Knowledge
- Patient Care