Arizona Resources for ADHD
Psychology Department at Barrow at Phoenix Children’s Hospital 10 Week Class for parents of children with ADHD (ages 6-12). To register or get more information, call 602-933-0414.
CHADD– Monthly support group meetings in Phoenix. Also offers parenting classes (local and online). Acacia Elementary School (Media Center) 3021 W. Evans Drive, Phoenix. Fourth Tuesday of the Month at 7:00 pm
Raising Special Kids - As Arizona's Parent Training and Information Center (PTI), Raising Special Kids provides assistance in special education to families and schools. Services include consultations for families to help with Individual Education Program (IEP) and 504 Plans.Training and consultation also available for schools, teachers and other professionals. Free monthly workshops are offered on topics such as positive behavior support, 504 Plans and IEPs.
PIN - The Parent Information Network
provides support for families throughout the special education process. In 2013, The Parent Information Network and Raising Special Kids merged their parent training activities.
checked out. Packets of information can be mailed. Open 7 days a week from 9 AM to 7 PM. Call 602-933-1400 for more information or check our website
Websites for Parents of Children with ADHD
National Resource Center on ADHD
- a national clearinghouse for science-based information about all aspects of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (AD/HD). Funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, NRC provides information on ADHD and has an online library of materials.
– the American Academy of Pediatrics’ website for parents – Has excellent section on ADHD
- a service of the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health - many links to excellent web pages about ADHD
– Initially ADDvance.com focused only on the long-overlooked needs of women and girls with ADD (ADHD). This new and expanded site has been developed to address the varied needs of all people with ADD (ADHD) across the lifespan.
– a source for books and DVD’s on ADHD, Learning disabilities, and childhood mental health disorders
– online magazine for families living with ADHD
– Products that can help organize, remind (pill boxes with alarms) and make life easier (e.g. clothing
for hypersensitive skin) for people with ADHD
- web site on learning disabilities and ADHD
disabilities. Over 200 local affiliates in 42 states, including Arizona.
– Website with many handouts about Learning Difficulties (LD & ADHD). Can be searched by age group.
The Complete ADHD Toolkit with Vanderbilt Assessment Forms:
Parent Handouts from CHADD: