Childhood Obesity, Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes Treatment for Arizona Kids - CARE Clinic
The Cardiometabolic Assessment Research and Education (CARE) Clinic provides treatment to children and adolescents who have developed or who are at high risk of developing premature cardiovascular disease and/or type 2 diabetes.
Working collaboratively with local, regional and national physicians and scientists, our CARE Clinic:
- Provides comprehensive evaluation, family centered management, and follow up to children and adolescents with disorders that increase the likelihood of future cardiovascular disease such as heart attack and stroke.
- Promotes sustainable heart-healthy behaviors through health education and lifestyle modification.
- Evaluates and offers new and emerging therapies.
- Provides appropriate genetic counseling for families.
- Participates in research activities to develop better diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- Educates and supports Primary Care Providers.
Some of the primary reasons a patient may be referred to the CARE Clinic are:
- Abnormal laboratory results, such as high cholesterol
- Possibility of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- Abnormal weight gain
Phone: (602) 933-0677
Fax: (602) 933-2471