Cardiometabolic Assessment Research and Education (CARE) Clinic
The Cardiometabolic Assessment Research and Education (CARE) Clinic provides treatment to children and adolescents who have developed or who are at high risk of developing premature cardiovascular disease and/or type 2 diabetes.
Working collaboratively with local, regional and national physicians and scientists, our CARE Clinic:
- Provides comprehensive evaluation, family centered management, and follow up to children and adolescents with disorders that increase the likelihood of future cardiovascular disease such as heart attack and stroke.
- Promotes sustainable heart-healthy behaviors through health education and lifestyle modification.
- Evaluates and offers new and emerging therapies.
- Provides appropriate genetic counseling for families.
- Participates in research activities to develop better diagnostic and therapeutic interventions.
- Educates and supports Primary Care Providers.
Some of the primary reasons a patient may be referred to the CARE Clinic are:
- Abnormal laboratory results, such as high cholesterol
- Possibility of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes
- Abnormal weight gain
Multidisciplinary Teams and Programs
Our goal is to use a team approach to provide the best care to treat the whole patient. We work closely with primary health care providers and other pediatric specialists at Phoenix Children's Hospital including:
- Diabetes Center
- General Pediatrics
- Pulmonary / Sleep Clinic
- Social Services
Phone: (602) 933-0677
Fax: (602) 933-2471
FOR EXISTING PHOENIX CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIABETES PATIENTS:
If you need a prescription refill, please contact your pharmacy and have them fax or electronically communicate with us. This is the best way to ensure prescription refill accuracy. If this is unsuccessful, please email us as noted above; call if immediate assistance is needed.
If you have a clinical question, please see the documents you received at your last clinic visit with us for contact and other information, or try the phone or email address above. Of note, we cannot answer any clinical questions for patients who are not a part of our practice already.