The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes needs your help!
The Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes has developed a research study to better understand our patients and facilitate new research opportunities. We would like your help to establish a strong endocrinology research program. Research helps doctors and nurses better diagnose, treat and prevent disease. It also aids in the development of new technologies and treatments.
While seeing your provider, a research coordinator may approach you to:
- Introduce ongoing research projects in our Division.
- Answer any questions you may have about research.
- Ask permission to enter your child’s health information into a research registry.
- Ask permission to be contacted in the future for projects related to your child’s health. You will always be given the option to participate in these projects on an individual basis.
Participating in research is completely voluntary and your decision will not affect your child’s care in any way. However, the information gathered will help improve care for our patients and our ability to conduct further research.
We look forward to seeing you at your next appointment.
The Division of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
Recent Publications by our Physicians
Chirag Kapadia, MD
- Are the ADA hemoglobin A(1c) criteria relevant for the diagnosis of type 2 diabetes in youth? Kapadia CR. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, August 2013.
- Endocrine phenotype of 6q16.1-q21 deletion involving SIM1 and Prader-Willi syndrome-like features. Izumi K, Housam R, Kapadia C, Stallings VA, Medne L, Shaikh TH, Kublaoui BM, Zackai EH, Grimberg A. American Journal of Medical Genetics Part A, August 2013.
- Hemoglobin A1c measurement for the diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes in children. Kapadia C, Zeitler P. International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology, December 2012.
- Parathyroid hormone reserve in 22q11.2 deletion syndrome. Kapadia CR, Kim YE, McDonald-McGinn DM, Zackai EH, Katz LE. Journal of Genetics in Medicine, March 2008.
Micah Olson, MD
- Vitamin D deficiency in obese children and its relationship to glucose homeostasis. Olson ML, Maalouf NM, Oden JD, White PC, Hutchison MR. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, January 2012.
Oliver Oatman, DO
- Diabetes in Microvillus Inclusion Disease. Oatman O, Djedjos C, Olson M, Shub M.
- Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, May 2013.