Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at Phoenix Children's Hospital
The Frances H. McClelland Rehabilitation Program at Phoenix Children's Hospital is made up of a comprehensive team of pediatric trained physicians, nurses and therapists who care only for growing children. The Inpatient Rehabilitation Program - offering services tailored specifically to the needs of each child, is the only pediatric inpatient rehabilitation program in the state. Our goal is to serve the comprehensive needs of our patients and return them to their home, school and community as quickly and safely as possible.
Now Open - January 2014
The Phoenix Children's rehabilitation program has always been dedicated to offering comprehensive, multidisciplinary care that helps children achieve their optimal level of independence. Now, we have the improvements to match the expertise of our staff. Our new pediatric inpatient rehabilitatin center features extensive improvements in a dedicated inpatient therapy space including:
- 12 private inpatient rooms, complete with large bathrooms, roll-in showers, and sleeper sofas for parents
- Expanded technology and therapy equipment
- Child Life activity room just for patients in the unit
- Kitchen and living space for therapy
- Animal assisted therapy
- Family laundry machines available
- Community re-entry program
The inpatient rehabilitation program provides a comprehensive, multidisciplinary approach provided by a team of experienced pediatric professionals to maximize the recovery of children conditions such as:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Orthopedic conditions
- Respiratory/Cardiac conditions
Once patients graduate from our inpatient rehabilitation program, many continue to receive therapy services in our outpatient clinics or through public schools.
- Free parking is available 24 hours a day in the Cambridge Garage, located on Cambridge Avenue immediately south of the Phoenix Children’s Main Building. Then enter the East Building Lobby, sign in and receive a map. From the lobby you will walk straight down the main corridor, past the Emily Center, where you will see a wall sign for the Frances H. McClelland Pediatric Rehabilitation Center.
- East Lobby hours are now 6:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday through Friday; after hours, please enter/exit through the Emergency Department.