Sports Medicine Physical Therapy for kids and student athletes, rehabilitation, Phoenix, Arizona
The Frances H. McClelland Rehabilitation Program at Phoenix Children's Hospital is made up of a comprehensive team of pediatric trained physicians, nurses, and therapists who care only for growing children. Among the specialties of our rehab program for kids is Sports Medicine Physical Therapy - offering services tailored specifically to the needs of injured student athletes.
Our team helps students maintain their motivation and reach their optimum physical ability. The specialized physical therapy services compliment our Sports Medicine Program for Young Athletes.
Our services include:
- Rehabilitation of post-operative and non-operative musculoskeletal conditions in young athletes
- Comprehensive injury evaluation
- Customized rehabilitation specific to a student's sport or activity
- Communication with other healthcare professionals, parents, and coaches
Our therapy plans are designed to treat, heal, condition, and strengthen the student athlete. At your request, the medical staff will communicate with your child's physician, coaches, and trainers to determine the best approaches to help prevent future injuries from occurring.
With ligaments, muscles, and bones still developing, kids can be vulnerable to stress fractures, ligament and muscle tears, and overuse injuries. The multidisciplinary staff at Phoenix Children's provides expertise at treating both common and rare injuries seen in a range of sports, including:
- Post-operative shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle conditions
- Overuse and traumatic injuries to shoulders, elbows, hips, knees, ankles, feet, and spine
- ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injuries
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Injuries specific to young athletes (Osgood-Schlatter disease, Sever's disease, Little League shoulder)
5131 East Southern Avenue
Mesa, AZ 85206
(located on southwest corner of Southern and Higley)