Physician Relations staff and services
The Physician Relations Department at Phoenix Children's Hospital has one mission: To build mutually beneficial relationships between our referring and medical staff physicians in their common quest to provide world-class care.
Whether it is introducing one of our new sub-specialists to a community pediatrician, answering a physician's call about her hospitalized patient, or offering programs to help medical professionals earn their CME credits in a convenient location, we are part bridge to the hospital and part navigator for our medical community.
We also ensure that physicians, office managers, and other healthcare workers are up-to-date on the latest services and programs offered at Phoenix Children's so they know the full range of treatment options for their pediatric patients.
Here are just some of the ways we help:
- Helping community physicians connect to Phoenix Children's Hospital specialists and personnel
- Informing physicians about hospital programs and services (e.g, Valley Pediatric Triage, KidsLink)
- Completing Citrix account requests (PDF)
- Serving as a resource for referrals and answering general questions
- Coordinating tours of the Phoenix Children's Hospital campus for physicians
- Offering continuing medical education programs in West Valley, Scottsdale, and East Valley
- Hosting pediatric office manager forums
- Helping pediatric practices with physician recruiting
- Maintaining the hard copy and online physician directory
- Visiting physician offices statewide to educate providers on Phoenix Children's resources
- Welcoming new physicians to the hospital and the community
The Physician Relations Department also offers the following materials to assist you and your patients:
Please contact our office if you have any questions about Phoenix Children's Hospital or would like a personal visit from our Physician Relations Department.
Physician Relations Staff
Heather Walton, Interim Director, Physician Relations
Phone: (602) 933-5850
North Phoenix, Scottsdale and Northwest Valley
Kim Sluyk, Sr. Physician Relations Representative
Phone: (602) 933-5879
East Valley and Southern Arizona
Mindy Brandt, Physician Relations Associate
Phone: (602) 933-3300
Fax: (602) 933-0827