December 2011 Online Connection
- Shabib Alhadheri, MD
- Stanley Gering, MD
- Roger Johnsonbaugh, MD, PhD
- Harold Magalnick, MD
- Cecil Michael, Jr., MD
- Ronald Serbin, MD
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital will open its Phoenix Children’s Yuma Center in January, 2012
- Most services will be offered on the campus of partner organization, Yuma Regional Medical Center, at 1501 W 24th Street, Suite 203, Yuma, AZ 85364
- To refer a patient to the clinic, please call toll free (855) 372-0664
Phoenix Children’s Yuma Center will offer pediatric specialty care in the following areas:
- Pediatric Nephrology – Bruce Morgenstern, MD
- Pediatric Neurology – Beth Haynes, MD (beginning March 2012)
- Pediatric Rheumatology – Kaleo Ede, MD; Michael Shishov, MD
- Pediatric Urology – Robert Bailey, MD; Michael Nguyen, MD; Zachary Zuniga, MD
- Pediatric Orthopaedics - Lee Segal, MD (location of this service TBD)
If you have any questions about the Phoenix Children’s Hospital Specialty Clinic in Yuma, please do not hesitate to contact Dennis Lund, MD, executive vice president of Phoenix Children’s Medical Group and surgeon-in-chief at (602) 933-5863.
The Hospital's East and Northwest Valley Urgent Care Centers are open this holiday season on Monday through Friday, from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m., and weekends from noon to 11 p.m.
The centers will be open during normal business hours on Christmas, Sunday, Dec. 25, and New Year's day, Sunday, Jan. 1.
To reach the East Valley Urgent Care Center, please call (480) 833-5437. To reach the Northwest Valley Urgent Care Center, please call (623) 972-5437.
The Hospital’s One Call Physician Assistance Line, (888) 933-DOCS (3627), is always available to you for admissions and ED referrals to our main campus location and Phoenix Children’s Medical Group (PCMG) subspecialty consultation.
The former PICU pod D in the East Building recently opened as an extension of the Emergency Department.
The opening adds 16 exam rooms to aid in the patient flow of ED volume, especially during peak hours.
This unit is fully staffed and allows the Hospital to better serve the needs of referring physicians and the community by:
- Increasing capacity
- Improving services
- Optimizing throughput
ED by the numbers:
Over the past two years, the Hospital’s Emergency Department has accounted for more than 120,000 patient visits.
If you have any questions about the ED expansion, please contact:
- Tricia Coryea at (602) 546-1978
- Melissa Harte at ( 602) 546-1375
Congratulations to the following Phoenix Children’s Hospital employees and physicians who are working to further the Hospital’s research efforts and have published the following articles:
- Jeffrey Buchhalter, MD, PhD, from the Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital, is a contributing author to the book Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy: continuing the global conversation. Dr. Buchhalter wrote a section entitled “Talking to Patients and Families.”
- Ming Chien, MD, Blake Bulloch, MD, Pamela Garcia-Filion, MPH, PhD, Mostafa Youssfi, MD, M. Wade Shrader, MD, and Lee Segal, MD, published “Bedside Ultrasound in the Diagnosis of Pediatric Clavicle Fractures” in Pediatric Emergency Care.
- Craig McKnight, senior vice president, finance and chief financial officer, contributed to Health Care Entities – AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide.
- Tamir Miloh, MD, co-authored “Autoimmune hemolytic anemia and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura in pediatric solid organ transplant recipients, report of five cases and review of the literature” in Pediatric Transplantation.
- Murray Pollack, MD, co-authored “Critical care for pediatric asthma: Wide care variability and challenges for study” in Pediatric Critical Care Medicine.
If you’d like to read any of these journal articles, please contact our Medical Librarian Kathy Zeblisky at (602) 933-4248.