KidsLink Hospitalist Service
For many years, Phoenix Children's Hospital has made the KidsLink service available to physicians who desire assistance in caring for their hospitalized patients. We respect the existing physician/patient relationship and understand that we are a link between temporary hospitalization and the physician's ongoing care of the child.
The KidsLink team consists of the full-time faculty members in the section of General Pediatrics. Our excellent pediatric residents assist us. Here's how KidsLink works:
- The KidsLink physician is the attending physician of record who is responsible for the care of any patient on the KidsLink Service. The KidsLink physician will see the patient every day and maintain the medical record.
- When you refer a child for admission at (602) 546-BEDS (2337), tell the admitting office you wish to use the KidsLink Program. Use of the KidsLink program is OPTIONAL for each individual admission and, of course, our medical staff physicians can always continue to admit patients to their own service.
- Within 24 hours, a member of the KidsLink hospitalist team will send a fax to your office indicating our initial plans for evaluation and management. We'll also include information about how you can easily communicate with us by fax, phone or e-mail.
- You'll be asked to let us know your preferred method of being updated and how often you wish to receive updates on your patient's condition.
- Immediately upon your patient's discharge, you'll receive an initial discharge summary via fax. The formal hospital discharge summary will be mailed to you.
(602) 546-2337 (BEDS)
For more information about the program, contact Ryan Bode, MD, Division Chief, KidsLink Hospitalist, at email@example.com.