The Audiology program provides a full range of diagnostic services to children of all ages in both the outpatient and inpatient setting. Phoenix Children's Hospital uses a two audiologist approach for behavioral testing with children under the age of five years and developmentally challenged children of all ages to make sure the tests are as accurate as possible.
We offer the following diagnostic tests and procedures:
- Comprehensive audiological evaluations, which include tympanometry, otoacoustic emission measures, and special behavioral test-techniques for the assessment of children of all ages;
- Newborn hearing screening;
- Auditory evoked potential studies, including both sedated and non-sedated auditory brainstem response (ABR) tests;
- Complete audiological treatment services, which include the fitting and verification of hearing aids with real-ear measurement systems that are specially designed for use with children;
- Auditory processing disorder evaluations.