Pediatric Neurosurgery Fellowship
The Pediatric Neurosurgery fellowship at Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital is designed to train neurosurgeons planning to pursue a clinical career in pediatric neurosurgery.
The Pediatric Neurosurgery training program at Barrow Neurological Institute is accredited by the American Council for Pediatric Neurological Surgery. This one-year clinical fellowship based at Phoenix Children’s Hospital will provide an organized, supervised, full time educational experience in this subspecialty area. In addition, the fellow will take on a personal research project through the available resources of Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
In addition to treating common neurosurgical disorders in children, we have active comprehensive programs for traumatic brain injury, spasticity, epilepsy, hypothalamic hamartoma, neuro-oncology, brachial plexus injury and craniofacial surgery.
The pediatric neurosurgery fellowship will provide the fellow with an extensive educational experience in the care of pediatric neurosurgical cases, including:
- Comprehensive and multidisciplinary management of patients with life threatening neurological illness
- Performance of surgical procedures
- Integration of surgical therapies into the clinical management of pediatric patients.
Each member of our neurosurgery team believes in the education of fellows, who are the future of the pediatric neurosurgery subspecialty. Each supports the goals and objectives of the program and participates in scholarly activities. The program faculty includes four pediatric neurosurgeons (three board-certified, one board-eligible by the American Board of Neurological Surgery and two already boarded by the American Board of Pediatric Neurological Surgery).
Applicants for the Pediatric Neurosurgery fellowship must have:
- Completion of an ACGME or AOA accredited residency in a neurosurgical training program in the United States or Canada
- Board-eligible for American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Eligible for Arizona Medical License
We are now accepting applications for 2018-2019 academic year.
Interested applicants can contact us at: