Graduate Advancement Program in Pediatrics
Few things in healthcare can compare with the absolute joy of knowing you've made a positive impact on children's lives. This is exactly what takes place every day at Phoenix Children's Hospital.
As one of America's 10 largest children's facilities and Arizona's only hospital dedicated to children, we have over a 20-year history of providing hope and healing to kids. And we have the capabilities to create even more miracles daily.
Great nursing careers begin with a great clinical experience, and that is the foundation of Phoenix Children's Graduate Advancement Program in Pediatrics, or GAPP™. For nursing graduates, we provide distinct career tracks:
- Emergency Department
- Acute Care
Whichever track you choose, you will be provided with 15 weeks of training that includes:
- Over 60 hours of classroom training
- 32 hours of pediatric skill immersion
- Online learning programs
- Guided clinical experience throughout the 15 weeks
- Pediatric Preparation online Assessment (PREP test) is provided the first week to guide specific individualized remediation to strengthen areas in need and support success during orientation.
Classroom sessions are designed to enhance clinical knowledge while emphasizing critical thinking and the nursing care process at Phoenix Children's Hospital.
Our goal at Phoenix Children's Hospital is to provide consistency and support as you transition into the role of a pediatric staff nurse.
- Recent graduation from an accredited nursing program
- Two letters of recommendation from clinical instructors
- School transcripts
- 3.0 GPA at minimum
- Passing the NCLEX
- Have or be able to obtain BLS 'Healthcare Provider' certification by American Red Cross or American Heart Association Courses.
When you join us, you'll enjoy great benefits, such as Relocation Assistance. If you would like to learn more about this program, please visit the Employment section of our website or contact us at: (800) 772-2394.