Why a Competition?
Phoenix Children's Hospital staff (i.e. resident/fellows, staff physicians, nurses, and allied health professionals) provide high-quality patient-centered care at Phoenix Children's Hospital on a daily basis. Staff are well positioned to identify potential areas for improvement in treatment safety, effectiveness, and timeliness, as well as recognize potential solutions.
Phoenix Children's Hospital wants to improve quality of patient care and increase employee satisfaction. Our mission is to provide hope, healing, and the best health care for children and their families.
The GME Quality Day Competition is Designed to
- Engage institutional leadership in judging innovations proposed by Phoenix Children's staff
- Support a financial award for top projects
- Foster new ideas for future QI projects
- Develop a venue for local dissemination of the outcomes of completed projects
- Increase staff participation in quality improvement projects
- Improve patient care
- Educate and engage Phoenix Children's staff in high-value care and in local quality improvement activities
- Disseminate the findings to improve care throughout the institution and beyond
Submission Rules and Forms
You may submit a proposal that is either completed, underway or a new “bright idea.” Entries must be no longer than 500 words. A broad range of innovations and ideas are preferred and could include but not limited to improving efficient resource utilization, high-value clinical decision-making, patient safety, operational efficiency, or cost-consciousness/price transparency.
All Phoenix Children's staff, residents/fellows, staff physicians, nurses and allied health professionals are encouraged to submit individual or group submissions. There is no limit to the number of submissions per person.
Submissions for 2018 are now closed.
- Potential impact on patient outcomes and education
- Feasibility and scalability
- Association with institutional goals
- Alignment with high-value care
Completed/On-going Quality Projects
- First place: $1000
- Second place: $750
- Third place: $500
High value/New Idea Quality Projects
- Selected new project ideas will be awarded $500.
- January 1st, 2018 – Competition open for submission
- March 8th, 2018– Submissions Due
- March 26th, 2018– Finalists announced
- April 24th, 2018– Quality Day