- At least sixteen years of age?
- Be flexible and help fulfill any of the many needs of patients and families at Phoenix Children's Hospital?
- Share the same two to four hours each week? On the same day?
- Share a minimum of 100 hours per year?
Your first step is to attend a Volunteer Information Session. Everyone interested in volunteering must attend one of these one hour overview sessions. You can attend the session in-person at the Phoenix Children's hospital campus, or attend online via a one hour webinar. Click the Volunteer Information Session link and choose the session appropriate for you.
At the Session you will receive more information about the volunteer opportunities available and learn about the following steps we ask you to complete in three to four weeks.
- You will receive the link for the volunteer application after you attend the Information Session. After completing your online application you will receive a confirmation email that contains important details about the next steps required in the process.
- Complete the 5 step online Hospital Orientation:
- Once all steps are complete, Coordinators will review your application to determine if there is a potential match for you! Details about how to set up your interview will be included in the confirmation email mentioned above.
- Interview (it's here we'll talk more about hospital needs and a potential match for you)
- Pass a Health Screen & Background Check
- Complete position-specific training, and attend a guided hospital tour
- Begin volunteering!
*For those ages 12-15 interested in volunteering, we do offer a Family Volunteer Program. A parent/guardian volunteers weekly with their child (same day and time), as a pair in select programs within the Hospital. Both individuals would need to attend a Volunteer Information Session described above.