- At least sixteen years of age?
- Be flexible and help fulfill any of the many needs of patients and families at Phoenix Children's Hospital?
- Share the same two to four hours each week? On the same day?
- Share a minimum of 100 hours per year?
Your first step is to attend a Volunteer Information Session (required for EACH individual interested in volunteering). Click on the link for the calendar and select an upcoming date that fits your schedule. PLEASE NOTE: The calendar also includes events for current, active volunteers in our program so please only select a date for a Volunteer Information Session. The session is offered in person or as a one hour webinar.
At the Session you will receive more information about the volunteer opportunities available and the steps we ask you to complete in three-four weeks.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your application. PLEASE print and read the email thoroughly as it contains important details about the next steps required in the process.
- Complete 5 step online Hospital Orientation
- Once all steps are complete, Coordinators will review your application to determine if there is a potential match for you! Details about how to set up your interview will be included in the confirmation email mentioned above.
- Interview (it's here we'll talk more about hospital needs and a potential match for you)
- Pass a Health Screen & Background Check
- Complete position-specific training, and attend a guided hospital tour
- Begin volunteering!
*For those ages 12-15 interested in volunteering, we do offer a Family Volunteer Program. A parent/guardian volunteers weekly with their child (same day and time), as a pair in select programs within the Hospital. Both individuals would need to attend a Volunteer Information Session described above.