- At least sixteen years of age?
- Be flexible and help fulfill any of the many needs of patients and families at Phoenix Children's Hospital?
- Share the same two to four hours each week? On the same day?
- Share a minimum of 100 hours per year?
Your first step is to attend a Volunteer Information Session (required for EACH individual interested in volunteering). Click on the link for the calendar, filter by Volunteer Services, and select an upcoming date that fits your schedule. PLEASE NOTE: The calendar also includes events for current, active volunteers in our program so please only select a date for a Volunteer Information Session. The session is offered in person or as a one hour webinar.
At the Session you will receive more information about the volunteer opportunities available and the steps we ask you to complete in three-four weeks.
- You will receive a confirmation email after you submit your application. PLEASE print and read the email thoroughly as it contains important details about the next steps required in the process.
- Complete 5 step online Hospital Orientation
- Once all steps are complete, Coordinators will review your application to determine if there is a potential match for you! Details about how to set up your interview will be included in the confirmation email mentioned above.
- Interview (it's here we'll talk more about hospital needs and a potential match for you)
- Pass a Health Screen & Background Check
- Complete position-specific training, and attend a guided hospital tour
- Begin volunteering!
*For those ages 12-15 interested in volunteering, we do offer a Family Volunteer Program. A parent/guardian volunteers weekly with their child (same day and time), as a pair in select programs within the Hospital. Both individuals would need to attend a Volunteer Information Session described above.