2018 Summer Intensive Volunteer Program
What is the Summer Intensive Volunteer (SIV) Program at Phoenix Children’s Hospital?
The Summer Intensive Program is an intense volunteer opportunity that introduces college students to the hospital and healthcare environment. The SIV program is for students ages 18 and older who are currently accepted to or enrolled in college.
In order to participate in this program, students must be able to:
- Attend one Volunteer Information Session (either in person or webinar)
- Volunteer for seven weeks from Monday, June 11- Sunday, July 29
- Volunteer 3-4 shifts a week (shifts are 2-4 hours each)
- Attend one educational “Look Inside” session
Your first step is to attend a SIV - Volunteer Information Session. Pick one:
- Online Webinar - Friday February 23, 2018 4pm-5pm
- Online Webinar - Saturday February 24, 2018 1pm-2pm
- On campus In-Person Seminar - Wednesday, February 28, 2018 5:30pm-6:30pm
SIV volunteers who participated last year will receive information by e-mail about returning to volunteer. Returning volunteers do not need to attend one of the sessions above.
Project Days for teens ages 13-15
Project Day will be available to students ages 13-15. This is a special four hour service day where we will assemble craft kits for later use by patients in the hospital. A tour of the hospital may be provided, too. Students may participate in one of the sessions scheduled for June 29th or July 10th. Check back in May for the registration links for Project Days.