Summer Volunteer Program
The Volunteer Services Department will be offering a Summer Only volunteer opportunity for students, ages 13 – College Senior. The goal of this program is to introduce students to volunteerism and provide service to the patients and families at Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
Volunteers will complete service as follows:
- Age 13 – High School Senior, volunteer minimum two shifts, each week between June 8th – July 17th
- College Freshman – College Senior, volunteer minimum four shifts, each week between June 8th – August 2nd
*Note - one shift equals 2-4 hours
To be considered, candidates must:
- Be at least 13 by June 1, 2015
- May 2015 graduates are not eligible.
- Be available and attend one of three mandatory Volunteer Information Sessions (all times noted are AZ time) Ages 13- HS Senior must attend with 1 parent/guardian.
- Wednesday, February 18th from 5:30pm - 6:30pm in person at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Saturday, February 21st from 9am – 10am on the internet as a “GoToMeeting.” Log on instructions will be emailed upon registration. You must watch and listen to presentation.
- Thursday, February 26th from 5:30p – 6:30p in person at Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Be available and attend one of three mandatory orientations:
- Thursday, June 4th, 8:30am – 12:30pm OR 1:00p – 5:00pm OR Friday, June 5th from 2pm – 6pm. *Note – additional trainings may be required and will take place in the afternoon June 4th and all day June 5th.
To RSVP to one of the Volunteer Information Sessions please click here and sign up online for a SUMMER ONLY option.
**Returning summer volunteers, you will be contacted by email directly, the week of January 12th with details about the 2015 program and mandatory webinar on February 11th at 7pm.