How to Apply
Pediatric Residency Program
Interested candidates will need to create an account with the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) program from the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Candidates can access the ERAS program by visiting the AAMC FREIDA website, program code: 3200332020.
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants' supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program's setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application includes:
- Geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- Information about an applicant's most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- Program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered via email to applicants with a unique URL that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application
- Application to be submitted through ERAS
- Three letters of recommendation (Pediatric faculty strongly preferred. Letter from a Chair of Pediatrics is not required)
- Passing USMLE/COMLEX 1 scores to be considered for an interview
- Passing USMLE/COMLEX 1 and 2 scores submitted before rank list submission
- U.S. Pediatric Inpatient Experience
Please note we do not sponsor any visas.
What to expect on your virtual interview day
- Prior to interview day, please review program information obtained through ERAS invitation
- Review Pre-Interview Form
- Overview with the Program director
- Virtual tour of Phoenix Children’s
- 1:1 Interview with Program Director - 10 minutes
- Interview with Residency Leadership - 20 minutes
- Interview with Pediatric Faculty – 20 minutes
- Virtual lunch with current residents
- For URM residents - if interested a separate social hour will be available
- Interviews will take place on Mondays and Wednesdays starting in November through February.
- All interviews will be in Arizona Standard Time which is the same as PDT during daylight saving time and the same as MST after daylight saving time ends