Patient & Family Services
Patient & Visitor Information
At Phoenix Children’s, our Patient & Family Services specialists are here to welcome, serve and guide you. If you need information, directions, services or anything else, just ask. Look for us at our conveniently located front information desks or call 602-933-1749. Our goal is to make life easier for you and your family during your stay.
What to Know and How to Find it
A visit to Phoenix Children’s, whether planned or unplanned, can be overwhelming. For a while, the new normal might look a bit different – from medical procedures to treatment plans. This is where Patient & Family Services has the opportunity to show every guest entering into our facilities just how special their stay should look and feel.
The Patient & Family Services team at Phoenix Children’s is here to help so you are free to focus on your child’s changing needs. Patient & Family Services is your gateway to resources, services and information.
How Can We Help You?
Whatever your question or concern, Patient & Family Services is a good place to start. You can ask us about the basics, such as where to park or how to find rides, maps or guides. We can help if you want to know how to get around to our facility locations or around town – or have other concerns, no matter how big or small.
Patient & Family Services can put you in touch with the right people and services, from translators to child life specialists to child-friendly wagons. Ask about:
- Places to eat, snack, shop, explore or stay
- Places to read, meditate, relax or play
- Available media and resources to educate or entertain
- Local attractions and offerings for patients and families
- Where to find a security guard or report a concern
- Hospital resources, support and services
Kids and Grownups at Work
School and work responsibilities don’t stop when your child is sick or sidelined by a medical condition. At Phoenix Children’s, we support kids and adults in many ways, including just a few listed below:
- Scheduling assistance – Complex care requires juggling schedules with staggered or same-day appointments. When you check in, ask for a printed itinerary for your child and ways to make scheduling more manageable.
- Notes for the boss, teacher or principal – Please ask your doctor if you need any notes directly related to your child’s health needs and other accommodations.
- Workspaces, internet and charging stations – Stay connected to your work or other needs. We’ll help with resources and details, including tech assistance, work areas, office equipment, notary services and an age-appropriate in-room tablet device for your child.
- Libraries and learning – You can find quiet libraries, multimedia resources and more, including tools to learn about your child’s condition or other areas of interest. Look for additional articles and updates on Phoenix Children’s Bright Futures blog.
- 1 Darn Cool School – Our school program is here for K-12 kids who are hospitalized beyond five days. Special-ed options are also available.
Check out the helpful links in the navigation menu to the left. If you don’t see what you need, stop by or call 602-933-1749.