Programs & Services
Comprehensive Allergy and Dermatology Clinic
Our team is made up of specialists from various departments including dermatology, allergy and immunology, nutrition, psychology, specialized nursing and social work, as well as a nurse educator.
- Dermatology provides diagnosis and treatment for all aspects of skin care, including dry skin, rash, inflammation, itch, skin sensitivity and allergies.
- Allergy and Immunology offers testing and treatment of allergic diseases that are common in children with atopic dermatitis, including asthma, seasonal allergies and food allergies. Depending on your child’s symptoms and needs, we may offer testing and evaluation for primary immunodeficiencies, drug allergy or other triggers for skin conditions.
- Psychology provides services that include improving medical treatment adherence; managing itch, pain, and other discomfort; reducing fears by building comfort with medical procedures; and adjusting to and coping with a medical condition – for example, by addressing mood or behavioral concerns and promoting positive social interactions.
- Nutrition specialists provide guidance for eating to support healing and growth, taking into account any food allergies or sensitivities.
- Eczema School Together with the Dermatology and Allergy/Immunology departments, we have a special program designed for children and families who might benefit from a comprehensive eczema teaching clinic. If you are asked to attend this clinic, we will spend extra time explaining how and when to apply specific medications, how to best manage your child’s skin condition and when it might be necessary to contact the clinic if your child is experiencing a flare of their eczema.