We treat patients with all kidney-related problems, including blood or protein in the urine, kidney stones, recurrent urinary tract infections, congenital kidney diseases, chronic kidney failure, dialysis and kidney transplant. We pull the right team together for each child, starting with top pediatric nephrologists.
The pediatric nephrology specialty group at Phoenix Children’s is the largest in the Southwest, with a solid commitment to providing excellent, well-coordinated care for children and teens with kidney disease. We offer comprehensive general and specialty nephrology care, including:
- Arizona’s only dedicated pediatric dialysis center
- The state’s only dedicated pediatric kidney transplant program
- Six clinic locations throughout the Valley and in Tucson, Flagstaff and Yuma
We pull the right team together for each child, starting with our fellowship-trained pediatric nephrologists. Depending on your child’s needs, their care team can also include:
- Other pediatric specialists, such as urologists or surgeons
- Specialized nurses
- A registered dietitian
- A child life specialist
- A social worker
- School teachers (if your child is hospitalized for a long time)
Every member of our team is committed to providing the support and resources your family needs, with a holistic approach that touches on every aspect of your child’s well-being.
Kidney disease can be complex and require months or years of care. At Phoenix Children’s, it isn’t unusual for a child to be diagnosed with kidney disease before birth and see the same pediatric nephrologist all the way through high school. Our doctors enjoy opportunities to develop long-term relationships with children and families, and find that it results in better, more personal care. As part of their commitment to patients they:
- Discuss challenging cases with each other to develop a unified treatment plan
- Offer advanced diagnostic testing and therapies
- Work with other pediatric specialists at Phoenix Children’s to ensure well-coordinated care
- Participate in national consortiums, such as the International Pediatric Peritoneal Dialysis Network, North American Pediatric Research Trials and Collaborative Studies (NAPRTCS) and Improving Renal Outcomes Collaborative (IROC)
Phoenix Children's is consistently recognized as a "Best Children's Hospital" by U.S. News & World Report. We are one of only 22 children’s hospitals that to rank in all 10 surveyed specialties for 2021-22.
Our nationally recognized physicians are dedicated to focusing on your child's unique needs in the following specialties: