Charity, Low-Income & Uninsured Program
Planning Your Visit
No patient is denied needed care due to inability to pay.
Phoenix Children's Charity Care Policy was established in order to identify and assist patients who lack the financial resources to meet all or part of their financial liability for services rendered and to determine their eligibility for Phoenix Children's-based financial assistance.
Phoenix Children's policies allow fair discounts and protection to low income or uninsured patients and ensure consistent and fair collection practices. The Hospital publishes a financial aid policy that is consistent with our mission and values and takes into account each patient's ability to contribute to the cost of their care and the Hospital's financial ability to provide care. We are further committed to ensuring a financially sound organization through responsible care of the resources entrusted to us, so that we may continue to provide outstanding medical care with a highly skilled work force employing the latest advances.
The Hospital communicates this policy to the public by the following means:
- The Hospital conspicuously posts in all registration areas of the Hospital the telephone number that patients may call to obtain further information on the Hospital's uninsured/charity care policy.
- The patient handbook includes information on the Hospital's uninsured/charity care policy.
- Computerized billing statements include information on the uninsured/charity care policy including contact information, telephone numbers, and an email address for any patient requesting assistance.
The Phoenix Children's Charity, Low-Income and Uninsured Program is designed to:
- Use a consistent sliding fee scale for patient liability in assessing patient financial need. The ranges serve as a guide in offering Charity Care.
- Provide extended payment plans with no interest charges to our low income and uninsured patients.
- Assist patients in applying for state and/or federal financial aid programs for which they qualify.
NOTE: Charity write-off requests which exceed a monthly income of 300% of the Federal Poverty Level may require further approval.
The Hospital's Financial Counselor will process the patient account and obtain approval of charity assistance from the Director of Hospital or Physician Revenue Cycle Operations, Patient Financial Services Director, Chief Financial Officer or Phoenix Children's Board of Directors.
For more information, please call our financial counselors at 602-933-2000.