Pediatric Nephrology and Hypertension
The Department of Nephrology and Hypertension at Phoenix Children's Hospital is the largest treatment center in the Southwest for infants, children and adolescents with kidney disease and high blood pressure (hypertension). We evaluate and treat patients with all kidney-related problems including blood or protein in the urine, kidney stones, recurrent urinary tract infections, congenital kidney diseases, chronic kidney failure, dialysis, and kidney transplantation.
The Nephrology and Hypertension Department pulls the right team together for each child, starting with top pediatric nephrologists. If providing your child the highest quality of care requires specialized nurses, renal nutritionists, social workers, child life specialists or even a school teacher, we will include them on your child's care team.
Parents are a vital part of this one-of-a-kind team approach, which is one of the reasons that we provide more than 90 percent of the pediatric kidney transplants, hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis in the Southwest.
Additionally, Phoenix Children's comprehensive nephrology program includes Arizona's only dedicated pediatric dialysis center and renal replacement therapy (CRRT), providing inpatient and outpatient hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis. We also have the state's only dedicated Pediatric Kidney Transplant Program. We have state-of-the-art 24-hour pediatric ambulatory blood pressure monitoring program, allowing us to evaluate patients with high blood pressure in the most comprehensive way.
Programs and Services
- Ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Kidney biopsy
- CRRT (Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy)
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Pre and Post renal transplant care
- Diagnosis and treatment of patients with various renal disorders
- Patient/family education related to blood pressure
- Injectable medications
- End Stage Kidney disease
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Kidney transplant
- Coordination of services with home care providers
Department – Specific Services
- Multidisciplinary Team Services
- Multidisciplinary Clinic visits
- Multidisciplinary care continuums
- Multidisciplinary transplant rounds
- Patient/family support group
- Make-A-Wish Foundation referrals
- Camp Maska for children with end stage kidney disease
- Expanded Hospital's role in North American Pediatric Renal Transplant Cooperative Study (NAPRTCS)
- SCOPE Collaborative (Standardizing Care to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric ESRD)
Phone: (602) 933-0965
Fax: (602) 933-4610