Programs & Services
Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapy (Outpatient)
We have the most comprehensive pediatric outpatient rehabilitation program in Arizona. No matter where you are or where you live, we make the rehabilitation process accessible. Our outpatient rehabilitation services are available at our main Hospital and three of our satellite sites.
Occupational therapy for kids helps achieve independence in all areas of their lives such as self care, play and writing.
Our pediatric-trained occupational therapists work with children through fun activities to improve their cognitive, physical and motor skills and enhance their self-esteem. They use a family-centered, goal-oriented plan of rehabilitation for the best outcome for each child.
Occupational therapy skills
- ADLs (activities of daily living) and self-care – feeding, dressing, bathing and grooming
- Fine motor skills – grasping skills, object manipulation
- Visual motor skills/perception – coordination of eyes/hands for writing, throwing, catching and using both hands together
- Upper body strength and endurance
- Splinting, positioning and adaptive equipment
- Visual perceptual skills
- Sensory processing, sensory integration and sensorimotor skills
- Sensory oral feeding
Our pediatric trained physical therapists evaluate and treat young children on their gross motor skills such as crawling, walking, and playing. Older children get specialized treatment designed to motivate and build self esteem. The team uses a family-centered, goal-oriented plan of care.
Physical therapy treatment plans
- Gait and mobility training
- Strength, endurance, range of motion and postural exercises
- Endurance training
- Splinting and positioning
- Progression of developmental mobility
- Balance, agility and coordination training
- Gross motor skills
Our pediatric trained speech-language pathologists evaluate and treat children of all ages on their feeding/swallowing, cognition and communication. They use a comprehensive, family-centered, goal-oriented plan of care.
Speech-language therapy treatment plans
- Receptive (comprehension) and expressive (articulation, voice, fluency) language skills
- Alternative Augmentative Communication
- Oral motor
- Aural habilitation/listening rehabilitation
- Cognition, problem-solving, reasoning, memory and reasoning skills
- Bilingual therapy
Feeding therapy (provided by speech-language pathologist)
- Feeding and swallowing skills
- Oral motor skills
- Thickener wean
- Vital stimulation