STAT! November 28, 2018
Phoenix Children’s, Dignity Health Begin Construction of Women’s and Children’s Pavilion in East Valley
Government leaders, corporate executives and even young children joined in ground breaking events earlier this month for a state-of-the-art medical facility designed to serve women and children in the East Valley. The project is a partnership between PCH and Dignity Health.
Called the Women’s and Children’s Pavilion, the five-story 373,947 square-foot building will be located on the Dignity Health Mercy Gilbert Medical Center campus in Gilbert, Ariz. It is expected to be completed in 2020.
The Women’s and Children’s Pavilion will include 24 labor and delivery rooms -- including six dedicated to high-risk patients – and 48 post-partum beds, operated by Mercy Gilbert. It will also include an emergency department dedicated to obstetrics. Phoenix Children's will operate 48 pediatric beds, a 12-bed pediatric emergency department, pediatric operating rooms and a new 60-bed Level 3 neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
The new facility is a strategic expansion of our long-standing partnership with Dignity Health aimed at bringing together the state's top experts for both women and children.
Starbucks Coffee Shop will be closed for renovations on Friday, November 30 starting at 2 p.m. until Tuesday, December 4 at 6 a.m. We appreciate your understanding!
The website for LMS is being updated. It will have a slightly different look but the same functionality.
Please plan for an extended system downtime during this update starting on December 12 at 4 a.m. The updated LMS is set to be available on December 15 by 12 p.m.
Employees Claiming Exempt on Form W-4
Employees claiming exempt from Federal withholding tax on IRS Form W-4 (Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate) and who wish to continue exemption from withholding in the 2019 calendar year must complete a new Form W-4 by February 15, 2019. After February 15, IRS regulations require Payroll to change your filing status to single with zero withholding allowances until a new form is received or you have made the change in myEmployee Portal. Changes or forms received after February 15 will be effective the date changed in myEmployee Portal or in the case of a paper form, the date Payroll makes the change. Form W-4 information is available on myEmployee Portal.
Additionally, if your marital status or withholding allowances have changed, you can now electronically update your Form W-4 on myEmployee Portal. For changes to states other than Arizona, please contact the Payroll team at 602-933-6695.
2018 Form W2 Wage and Tax Statement
The Payroll Department wants to remind employees to review their payroll information and mailing address in myEmployee Portal. Make necessary address changes, if any, no later than 5 p.m. January 18, 2019. If you have questions regarding your pay stub information, contact the Payroll Team at 602-933-6695. Additional items to note:
- Check for Intranet updates from Payroll on or before January 31, 2019 to see when your W2 Forms for the 2018 calendar year will be available on myEmployee Portal.
- Employees can verify and correct their own mailing address and Form W-4 information using myEmployee Portal.
- Employees who have terminated during the calendar year will receive a paper Form W2, but it will also be available on myEmployee Portal. The W2 will be mailed by January 31, 2019.
2019 Tax and Payroll Updates
- The FICA tax rate will remain the same as 2018’s rate of 7.65%, which is the combined social security tax rate (OASDI) of 6.2% and the Medicare tax rate (HI) of 1.45%. The social security maximum taxable earnings increased to $132,900. The maximum social security tax employees and employers will each pay in 2019 is $8,239.80. As in prior years, all covered earnings are still subject to the 1.45% Medicare tax. More information can be found at the Social Security webpage.
- Pension plan limits will change in 2019. The limitation on the exclusion for elective deferral under the 401(k) plan is $19,000. The limitation for catch-up contributions to the 401(k) plan for individuals age 50 or over is $6,000. More information can be found at the Internal Revenue Service webpage.
Changes Effective for 2019 Paychecks
- The 2019 tax rates and limits for both federal and state taxes will take effect.
- New Flexible Spending Account deductions, both medical and dependent care based on your 2019 enrollment election, will take effect.
- Pension plan deductions will start again for those who reached the IRS defined limit in 2018.
- Social Security (OASDI) taxes will start again for those who reached an annual limit in 2018.
For More Information
- If you have additional questions regarding your payroll information, please contact Payroll Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-933-6695.
- Questions regarding address, emergency contacts and name changes should be sent to Human Resources at HR4U@phoenixchildrens.com.
As Microsoft customers here at PCH, the company offers some great deals to employees for personal use. As we head into a new year, we want to remind you of these benefits:
Home Use Program – this is the historical benefit offered by Microsoft, but they are offering a few deals as they phase out this program at www.microsofthup.com:
- Now until December, 31, 2018 – Office Professional Plus 2016, Office Home and Business 2016 for Mac, Project Professional 2016, and Visio Professional 2016 for USD $9.95 each.
- From November 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 – Office Professional Plus 2019, Office Home and Business 2019, Visio Professional 2019, and Project Professional 2019 for USD $14.99 each.
- Starting July 1, 2019 – Office Professional Plus 2019 and Office Home and Business 2019 will no longer be available. Professional 2019 and Visio Professional 2019 will continue to be offered to eligible customers. For more details please visit the Admin FAQ here.
How do I get one of these deals?
- Go to www.microsofthup.com
- Type in your work e-mail in the box where prompted
- Enter your organization’s program code: A9385E814F
- This will generate an e-mail to your PCH e-mail inbox
- Open the e-mail and click the “Confirm your account” link
- This will re-direct you to a webpage where you will select and purchase the product you want to buy
COMING SOON (expected Q1 of 2019) - 30% discount on Office 365 Home or Personal subscription; the annual subscription means you will always be up-to-date with premium versions of Office apps across all your devices (Office 365 Home – Up to six Users, Office 365 Personal – one User) and 1TB of cloud storage per user.
Start the year off right at the screening:
- Learn more about Apple Version 4
- AGS NutriFit DNA
- Earn LOTS of Vitality points
- NEW 2019 program
- Holiday Weigh Out
What CCNE Accreditation Means
The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education is recognized as an official accreditation agency by the U.S. Department of Education. CCNE accreditation, a voluntary, self-regulatory process, encourages continuing self-assessment by nursing programs and supports continuing growth and improvement of collegiate professional education and nurse residency programs.
Some of the benefits BSN students enjoy at Ashford include:
- Most coursework is online to fit the schedule of working professionals
- The ability to transfer up to 90 approved credits, allowing students to earn their degree faster
- Accelerated 5-week courses
- No SAT or ACT required
- 24/7 access to the Ashford Library, Writing Center, and technical support
Registered Nurses at Phoenix Children’s Hospital can now complete their education with a CCNE-accredited online bachelor’s degree from Ashford. For more information, visit https://success.ashford.edu/PhoenixChildrensHospital.
Grand Canyon University offers online cohort programs for nursing professionals. Learn more from the attached flyer.
Did you know we have a Biorepository Research Program? Check out this fun video and feel free to share with any patients who may be interested.
We’re excited to share Dr. Jessica Boklan has been awarded a St. Baldrick’s Foundation Infrastructure Grant! Today they announced the 2018 Infrastructure Grant recipients, funding more than $1.7 million in childhood cancer research with 29 grants. We look forward to seeing the amazing work Dr. Boklan will continue to do with the support from St. Baldrick’s funding.
Congratulations, Dr. Boklan!
Dr. Ben Wright, in collaboration with colleagues at Children's Hospital of Colorado, recently published an article in the Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology titled "Histologic similarities in children with eosinophilic esophagitis and PPI-responsive esophageal eosinophilia." Authors: Nguyen N, Baumgarten A, Wright BL, Capocelli KE, Pan Z, Lee JJ, Furuta GT, Masterson JC.
Congratulations, Dr. Wright!
- Ignite Hope Candlelight Walk!
- Anytime Auto Glass
- Holiday Artwork Cards - Support PCH!
- Party City Campaign!
- Toydrive with Babbo Italian Eatery!
On Saturday, November 17, PICU doctors, nurses and respiratory therapists, along with our families and friends, hiked Camelback Mountain Echo Canyon Trail to honor PICU patients and their families. About 40 people gathered for the first annual hike, climbed to the top of the mountain and left flowers in honor of our patients!