Programs & Services
Our Survivor Programs encompass clinical care (Survivor Clinic), research and social support. We provide expertise in the long-term effects of cancer therapy, including fertility preservation, with a health and wellness focus.
We currently offer three programs:
- Children’s Oncology Survivor Program
- BMT Survivor Program
- Neuro-Oncology Survivor Program
These teams provide screening and recommendations based on the survivorship guidelines tailored to each patient’s individual needs in managing any side effects from their treatment, whether they are short term or longer lasting issues.
This standardized and enhanced follow-up care throughout the childhood, adolescence and young adulthood offers many advantages, including:
- promoting healthy lifestyles
- providing for ongoing monitoring of health
- allowing for early identification of late effects
- providing timely intervention for late effects of therapy
The child’s primary care provider will receive a comprehensive, detailed written review of our consultation and are critical collaborators in the medical management of survivors. Patients also receive a copy of the consultation with a summary of the recommendations in easy-to-read language.
As part of the research program, our team participates in national long-term follow-up studies researching the cause and prevention of late effects of cancer treatment.
One-Time Consultation for Adult Survivors
- We offer one-time consultations for adults who have been treated for pediatric cancers but never had the benefit of survivorship care.
Once scheduled, our team will meet with you and provide resources on:
- information on future screenings needed and when.
- reminder of markers to look for.
- resources on continued health – i.e. nutrition, exercise, stress management and more.