Food & Dining
Patient & Family Services at Phoenix Children’s offers a wide array of food and dining options for our patients, families and visitors.
Cafeteria Hours – 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. | 11:15 a.m. to 7 p.m. | 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
At Your Request™ Patient Room Service – 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
In-hospital, dial: 3-3663 (FOOD)
Outside hospital, dial: 602-933-3663 (602-933-FOOD)
Cafeteria and Other Choices
Need to grab a bite? Phoenix Children’s main campus has a variety of options ranging from an on-site cafeteria to in-room deliveries, plus local dining and deliveries. Choices include:
- Cafeteria – Open daily for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks
- Room service – At Your Request™ custom selections delivered to your child’s bedside
- Coffee shops and carts – To visit in-person, on-the-go
- Vending machines – Located by the cafeteria and on the first floor of the East Building
- Local restaurants – A wide array of options
- Related services – Patient and family nutrition guidance, as well as other support and resources for families
Phoenix Children’s cafeteria, on the main building’s first floor, is open daily. Our head chef stirs up delicious new menu options every day, plus classic family favorites. You’ll find made-to-order grill or deli foods and other selections, pizza and entrée stations, burgers, pasta, hand-tossed salads and more.
We serve vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free and other selections. If you have special requests, as well as other dietary needs or restrictions, our cafeteria managers are happy to help.
Cafeteria Hours, Amenities and Details
View daily menus posted at the cafeteria entrance and at various food stations. You have the option to eat inside or enjoy outdoor seating. Many menu items are pre-packaged to-go for health and safety accommodations. Ask us about our current dining guidelines.
You can also order sandwiches, salads, snacks and to-go items during cafeteria hours. Order by downloading Bite by Sodexo from your mobile device’s app store and pick-up from the cafeteria.
Cafeteria location – Our cafeteria is on the first floor of Phoenix Children’s main building. If you’re coming from the East Building, follow the signs to the public (north) connector. The hallway leads directly to the cafeteria.
- Cafeteria hours – open daily:
- 6:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 11:15 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- For your convenience:
- Microwave ovens
- Beverage machines
- Charging station
- Outlets for personal electronic devices
- Vending machines – available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Advance orders:
- Online ordering – Download the “Everyday” App by Sodexo from your mobile device’s app store to order ahead so food is ready when you arrive. Custom order cafeteria food to stay or go during cafeteria hours.
- The cafeteria accepts major credit or debit cards, and cash. Personal checks aren’t accepted, but we have a conveniently placed ATM on the first floor near the Gift Shop.
- Families can purchase SoGo gift cards for $5 and up for the cafeteria, our coffee shop or room service orders.
- Touchless payment options are available at cafeteria cash registers.
- Cafeteria dining updates – Just ask a Patient & Family Services representative for the latest health updates and dining guidelines at Phoenix Children’s.
At Your Request™ Patient Room Service
We’ll deliver food directly to a patient’s room. Order during room service hours, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.:
- Within hospital: 3-3663 (FOOD)
- Outside hospital: 602-933-3663 (602-933-FOOD)
We offer pizza, chicken nuggets, pancakes and other kid-pleasing choices. Individual patient menu options are guided by the patient’s doctor and care team. Our Food Service team will also help to ensure that orders meet any special dietary restrictions or guidelines.
Parents and guests can purchase Room Service meals for $6.50 each via credit card, debit card or a prepaid SoGo gift card. For your convenience, the tray will be delivered straight to the patient’s room. Food arrives on a closed, sanitized cart. Please allow approximately 45 minutes for preparation and delivery.
Coffee Breaks and Brews
Follow the aroma of fresh-brewed coffee to our coffee shops, coffee carts and services. Ask us when a free coffee cart and other amenities may come by your room or lounge.
The Coffee Shop
The Coffee Shop serves Starbucks coffee, tea, soda, fruit drinks, and other hot and cold beverages. This location also sells breakfast, dinner or snack options. These lighter choices include items such as yogurt, fruit cups, baked goods, sandwiches, salads and more.
The Coffee Shop (Main Building) - Hours
Mon – Fri.: 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Sat. – Sun.: 6:30 a.m. to 9 p.m
Starbucks coffee, hot and cold beverages, pastries and snacks, including lighter menu choices, are also sold in the Ambulatory Building. You can order convenient to-go food options.
The Coffee Cart (Ambulatory Building) - Hours
Mon. – Fri.: 6:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Related Resources and Services
We support healthy nutrition for babies, children and families. Ask the dietitian about services and support. Visit Bright Futures for articles about everything from food allergies to nutritional meal planning.
Phoenix Children’s clinical nutrition program offers medical nutrition therapy for patients. Our registered dietitians and dietetic technicians work with multispecialty teams to integrate care. Services from nutrition experts include:
- Nutrition assessment / reassessment
- Nutrition intake analysis
- Enteral nutrition (by tube into digestive tract)
- Parenteral nutrition (by intravenous tube, or IV, into bloodstream)
Experts offer nutrition counseling, education and support for children and families. Our cafeteria will accommodate special dietary recommendations from Phoenix Children’s nutrition experts.
You needn’t travel far for varied food and dining options in Phoenix. Someone is serving at almost any hour, for our early birds to night owls.
Choices include grills, delis, family-style buffets and artisan bistros. Your choices range from fast food drive-throughs to stay-awhile family-friendly restaurants and more formal dining.
Ask Patient & Family Services about accommodations, menus or offers for our patients and families. Learn more about local dining.