Skin Care for Infants, Children, Teens and Young Adults
Your child’s skin is for life. It’s the body’s largest organ, and one of the only organs that is exposed to the world outside the body. Skin symptoms and problems can sometimes warn us about other health conditions. They can also be disfiguring and damage a child’s self-image. That’s why it’s so important to promptly evaluate, diagnose and treat skin problems in children.
At Phoenix Children’s — the only complete pediatric dermatology service in Arizona — we understand the importance of caring for your child’s skin and treating specific dermatologic problems as soon as they arise. We also understand your concern about your child’s skin problem. Our entire dermatology team is experienced in caring for children’s physical, emotional and social needs. We treat all kinds of pediatric skin problems, from common conditions such as acne and warts, to complex, rare and genetic skin conditions.
Renowned Dermatology Care
Our team provides high-quality, specialized dermatological care for children, teens and their families. We take a holistic, whole-patient approach to skin conditions and the effect of these conditions on the child and family.
Our team members are all highly regarded in their fields, working to advance pediatric dermatology care across the state, region and beyond, through:
- Providing the latest treatments, technology and services available for all skin conditions — as well as specialized skin health expertise for newborns, infants, children, teens and young adults
- Training physicians through our fellowship and other educational programs
- Participating in the latest collaborative research and clinical trials in the field
- Educating students, residents and fellows so that future physicians will be better
- Conducting clinical trials for new medications for children and young adults with rare and common skin diseases, from epidermolysis bullosa to psoriasis
- Participating in collaborative national and international research consortiums and projects