At Phoenix Children’s, we offer the best trauma care for children in the state. Our Center for Trauma Care is Arizona’s only American College of Surgeons (ACS)-verified Level I Pediatric Trauma Center and the only designated by the Arizona Department of Health Services specifically for pediatric trauma care.
This means we’re equipped to evaluate, stabilize, treat and care for some of the most severely injured children. We make sure children get the specialized care they need – from equipment that fits their size, to medications tailored to growing bodies. Care is waiting for the patient, instead of the patient waiting for care.
What Can You Expect from Phoenix Children’s?
Should the unthinkable happen and your child is critically injured, at Phoenix Children’s, you can be assured that you will get the best possible trauma care. This is extremely important because data shows that people who get treated at a Level I Pediatric Trauma Center like ours lower their risk of death by 25% compared to non-trauma centers. They also have better outcomes overall. Why?
Our Center for Trauma Care has:
- Fully trained, board-certified surgeons with extra fellowship training in pediatric surgery.
- Staff ready to meet the needs of children dealing with traumatic injuries and illnesses.
- 24/7 access to specialists for immediate needs.
- An environment designed to serve the unique medical needs of children and their families, in the toughest of times.
- Want a Second Opinion? — Chat, call, or complete this form to request a second opinion appointment.
- Your Child's Hospital Stay — Learn more about our campus services and what you can do to prepare for your visit.