Articles and Updates from Phoenix Children's
At Phoenix Children’s, we are focused on delivering everything that kids and families need, including primary care, specialty care, sports medicine, and urgent and emergency care.
By early 2024, Phoenix Children’s will be one of the five largest pediatric health systems in the United States with three hospital locations, a major ambulatory site with an emergency room, and over 650 inpatient beds. And with each new expansion, hospital and ambulatory location, families will enjoy more convenient access to the highest level of expertise.
Watch Phoenix Children’s Growth Video to see all the ways we’re growing.
East Valley Growth
- At Phoenix Children’s Sports Medicine and Urgent Care in Mesa, we offer sports medicine services to injured athletes and urgent care for children at the largest sports and recreation park in the nation.
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital - East Valley is planned to open in 2023. The new hospital will be located inside the Women’s and Children’s Pavilion at Mercy Gilbert Medical Center. The Women’s and Children’s Pavilion is a collaboration with Dignity Health to bring top-ranked maternal, neonatal and pediatric services to the East Valley.
- Phoenix Children’s Center for Fetal and Neonatal Care has expanded care for newborns through neonatology services at Chandler Regional Medical Center and Mercy Gilbert Medical Center.
- Phoenix Children’s Specialty Care – Mercy Gilbert Medical Center has expanded outpatient services to include behavioral health, cardiology, endocrinology, GI, neurosciences, orthopedics, ENT, plastic surgery, urology and more.
- Phoenix Children’s Pediatrics currently offers many convenient locations in the East Valley and will be growing to 20 locations in the coming years.
West Valley Growth
- Phoenix Children’s Specialty Care – Avondale Campus offers care in 25 medical specialties.
- Later in 2023, a state-of-the-art emergency department with 40 treatment rooms will also open on the Avondale Campus.
- In 2023, we will open a 45,000-square-foot medical office building on the Arrowhead Campus.
- In 2024, Phoenix Children’s Hospital – Arrowhead Campus in Glendale will open with inpatient care, an emergency department, a surgery center and a multispecialty center.
Thomas Campus Growth and Beyond
We’re also expanding Phoenix Children’s Hospital - Thomas Campus to provide even more inpatient and ambulatory care.
We’ll continue to grow to deliver on our promise of providing the highest quality, patient-centered care to children and their families. At Phoenix Children’s, we’re growing healthier together.