Child Life Program
The Child Life Zone at Phoenix Children’s is a state-of-the-art play area that provides an escape for patients and their families from daily life in the Hospital. Located on the first floor of the East Building, this 3,800 square foot, procedure-free area gives our patients a safe place to forget about being in the hospital for a little while and just be kids.
- Multi-use theater and gaming wall
- Garth Brooks performance stage
- Interactive broadcast studio that lets kids create and view their own programs for PCH1, the hospital's own TV network
- Pool and air hockey tables and pinball machines
- Therapeutic craft and play center
- Kitchen and cooking area
- Positive image room
- Quiet area
- For inpatients only (must not be on isolation precautions)
- For patients ages six and older
- Nurse approval and Zone sticker required
- Siblings, ages six and older, are welcome when accompanied by a parent
Hours of Operation
Open seven days a week
10 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
2 - 4:30 p.m.
6 - 8 p.m
Teammates for Kids Foundation
The Child Life Zone is made possible by a generous endowment from Garth Brooks’ Teammates for Kids Foundation, which provided funding for the construction of the Zone. Teammates is a network of over 3,000 professional athletes that donate based on their performance. 100% of the money raised goes to children's charities with all overhead costs being paid by the members of the organization's board.
This project was also made possible by Kitchell and its subcontractors who generously donated time and services towards making the project a reality.