VPI-OPS is a collaboration of surgeons, speech-language pathologists, and researchers from more than 13 hospitals and clinics in the United States and Canada. The study is led by a team of researchers at Phoenix Children’s Hospital who are responsible for making sure the study is run safely.
VPI-OPS Research Centers help coordinate the study across each site, make sure participants data is safe and secure, and help compare outcomes of the different surgeries. These research centers include:
- Study Coordinating Center - Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Center for Perceptual Speech Ratings and Analysis – Nationwide Children’s
- Center for Velopharyngeal MRI - East Carolina University
- Center for Sleep Outcomes Analysis - Cincinnati Children’s
- Data Coordinating Center – Cincinnati Children’s
VPI-OPS Clinical Sites are hospitals and clinics with a team of surgeons and speech-language pathologists whose primary job is caring for patients with VPI. They are supported by research staff who help collect information from patients and coordinate study activities.
- Phoenix Children's Hospital
- University of California – Davis
- University of Alabama – Birmingham
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- University of Iowa
- Rady Children's Hospital
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Seattle Children's Hospital
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
Research reported on this webpage is supported by the National Institute of Dental & Craniofacial Research of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number U01DE029750. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.