Conditions We treat
Comprehensive Allergy and Dermatology Clinic
Comprehensive Allergy and Dermatology Clinic covers a wide range of conditions, such as:
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema) - This chronic skin condition involves a cycle of intense itching of the skin and skin lesions. It is a common skin disease that can affect 1 in 5 infants. Atopic dermatitis can affect sleep quality, mood and behavior, and can cause infections and require dietary restrictions to treat properly.
- Chronic hives - These red, itchy welts result from an allergic reaction. If hives last for more than a few weeks or keep recurring, they are considered chronic and need specialized treatment.
- Severe cutaneous (skin-related) reactions to medications - Medication allergies or sensitivities can cause a wide range of skin-related symptoms.
- Allergic contact dermatitis -This condition is caused by direct contact with a substance or by an allergic reaction to a particular substance. Many substances can trigger allergic contact dermatitis, including soaps, creams, cosmetics, jewelry, plants or chemicals. Whatever is causing your child’s condition, we can first help identify the cause and find ways manage your child’s condition effectively.
- Allergies, including food allergy and seasonal allergy - Many allergies can lead to skin conditions. We can help treat the allergy and reduce skin-related symptoms.
- Primary immunodeficiency - If your child’s immune system is not working properly, your child will be prone to infections and conditions that can affect the whole body, including the skin. Our Comprehensive Allergy and Dermatology Clinic team works in conjunction with the Immunohematology Clinic to provide the best possible care for your child.
- Behavioral and mental health - Children who are affected by skin conditions often have issues with self-image and socializing. Our team can help your child stay positive and confident with ongoing mental health check-ins.
- Nutrition for special diets - What you eat can cause or worsen skin conditions and symptoms. Our team can help your child get needed nutrition without making skin conditions worse.
Our team treats and manages many more conditions than the ones listed here. We are ready to help.