Gender Support Program
Navigating gender journeys can be a deeply personal experience for children, youth and their families. The team at the Gender Support Program knows how important it is to connect and engage with patients and their loved ones wherever they are on their journeys. Our care teams are here to support patients and loved ones every step of the way.
- We’re committed to excellent gender-affirming clinical care for youth and their families.
- We provide in-depth knowledge about resources that can be helpful to children, youth, and families which we can provide referrals to.
- We care deeply about caring, connecting and advocating with the communities we serve.
Excellence in Clinical Care
We are the only children’s healthcare system in Arizona with a comprehensive Gender Support Program made up of recognized experts. Our experts provide outpatient services for transgender and gender-expansive children and youth. We support the physical, mental and social health of our patients and families as they progress through their gender identity development pathways.
Your Care Team:
- Mental health therapy
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Adolescent medicine
- PAGYN- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology
- Voice coaching
- Occupational therapy
Referring and Connecting Youth and Families
Our Gender Support Program provides referrals to peer support programs, advocacy groups and community health professionals including:
- One N Ten. The Phoenix-based nonprofit serves LGBTQ+ youth and young adults ages 14 to 24 years. This nonprofit is focused on promoting self-expression, self-acceptance, leadership development and healthy life choices.
- Arizona Trans* Youth and Parent Organization. This is a Phoenix-based support group for parents, families and friends of transgender children and youth. It provides a common space to share struggles and successes, talk about challenges and concerns, and provide emotional support and guidance.
- Gender Proud Patient and Family Advisory Council. The group is made up of Phoenix Children’s families served by the Gender Support Program. These individuals serve as partners to help evaluate and advance the quality of care offered by our program.
- Transfamilies.org. This is an online resource available to all families for support or to connect with a community group. This resource provides a multitude of information to our Spanish speaking patient population.
Caring for the Community
Our team provides homeless adolescents and young adults with access to quality, affirming healthcare through our Crews’n Healthmobile outreach program and our partnerships with local drop-in centers, shelters, transitional living programs and advocacy organizations.
- Want a Second Opinion? — Chat, call or complete this form to request a second-opinion appointment.
- Your Child's Clinic Visit — Learn more about our services and what you can do to prepare for your visit.
- Resource Guide — Explore the list of valuable resources for youth, parents, providers and others.
- News — Check out articles, videos, papers and more on gender affirming care and support.