Systems and Scholarship Requirements
Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program
- Complete a scholarly project of your choice (can be in clinical research, QI, medical education) concluding with submission of abstract for presentation at a national meeting (PAS and/or PHM recommended) and preparation of a manuscript for submission to a peer review pediatric journal.
- Participate in a mentored abstract review for a national meeting.
- Submit a clinical conundrum (for presentation at national meeting) and/or case report for publication.
- Present your research at Phoenix Children’s Hospital Research Day/Academic Excellence Day
- Participate in at least one simulation experience
- Present at one morning report to PCH residents
- Present at the Hospital Medicine Division Journal Club each year
- Present at the Hospital Medicine Protected Case Review Conference each year
- Present at the multidisciplinary PICU/ED/HM Case Conference
Quality Improvement Expectations
- Complete Institute for Healthcare Improvement modules culminating in a Basic Certificate in Quality and Patient Safety
- Complete local QI project with a mentor
- Present QI work at PCH Quality Day
Advanced Degree Options
All fellows have access to obtaining a Master’s Degree (of their choice) through the University of Arizona with tuition remittance. A newly created program, Master’s in Clinical Research is now available.
- Attend quarterly meetings with Program Director to track progress throughout fellowship.
- A Scholarly Oversight Committee monitors the progress and provide feedback on scholarly project throughout fellowship.
- The Clinical Competency Committee meets two times per year to monitor progress of clinical skill throughout fellowship.
Share this page