**Attention: We have moved to 1920 E Cambridge, Suite 301, Phoenix, AZ 85006**
Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
Phoenix Children’s Hospital has the largest pediatric endocrinology and diabetes program in Arizona, with over 6,400 patient visits each year.
Our expert endocrinologists treat children with endocrine and metabolic disorders, along with our kid-friendly team of nurse specialists, nutritionists, certified diabetes educators, psychologists, social workers and child life specialists.
Additionally, Phoenix Children’s Hospital offers care on-site for conditions that require other pediatric specialists, such as nephrology, radiology, and surgery. Many services are also available at our specialty clinics throughout the Valley.
Endocrinology is the study of endocrine glands and their hormones. Endocrine glands make hormones, which are chemical messengers that manage the processes of the body.
Childhood conditions treated by endocrinologists include:
- Addison disease
- ambiguous genitalia
- Cushing's disease
- Cystic Fibrosis-related diabetes
- diabetes insipidus
- Graves disease
- growth hormone deficiency
- Metabolic syndrome
Programs and Services
Comprehensive care for children and adolescents with endocrine-related conditions are offered through three clinical programs:
- Cardiometabolic Risk Assessment, Research and Education (CARE) Progam - prevention of premature cardiometabolic conditions and disease, which often leads to premature heart attacks and strokes.
- Diabetes Center - care for children with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, diabetes related to cystic fibrosis, and transplant-related diabetes.
- Endocrine Clinic - treating a variety of hormone-related disorders, including those related to the adrenal glands, bone and calcium problems, growth, and puberty and thyroid disease.
- All Hands on DECK - A quarterly newsletter for Diabetes and Endocrine Cool Kids
- Education for children, adolescents, families, and medical students, residents and fellows.
- Research and clinical trials