Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetes
Our expert endocrinologists treat children with endocrine and metabolic disorders, along with our kid-friendly team of nurse specialists, nutritionists, certified diabetes educators, psychologists, social workers and child life specialists.
Additionally, Phoenix Children’s Hospital offers care on-site for conditions that require other pediatric specialists, such as nephrology, radiology, and surgery. Many services are also available at our specialty clinics throughout the Valley.
Endocrinology is the study of endocrine glands and their hormones. Endocrine glands make hormones, which are chemical messengers that manage the processes of the body.
Childhood conditions treated by endocrinologists include:
- Addison disease
- ambiguous genitalia
- Cushing's disease
- Cystic Fibrosis-related diabetes
- diabetes insipidus
- Graves disease
- growth hormone deficiency
- Metabolic syndrome
Programs and Services
Comprehensive care for children and adolescents with endocrine-related conditions are offered through three clinical programs:
- Cardiometabolic Risk Assessment, Research and Education (CARE) Progam - prevention of premature cardiometabolic conditions and disease, which often leads to premature heart attacks and strokes.
- Diabetes Program - care for children with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes, diabetes related to cystic fibrosis and transplant-related diabetes.
- Endocrine Clinic - treating a variety of hormone-related disorders, including those related to the adrenal glands, bone and calcium problems, growth and puberty and thyroid disease.
- Education for children, adolescents, families, and medical students, residents and fellows.
- Research and clinical trials
1920 E Cambridge, Suite 301
Phoenix, AZ 85006
Phone: (602) 933-0935
FOR EXISTING PHOENIX CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIABETES PATIENTS:
If you need a prescription refill, please contact your pharmacy and have them fax or electronically communicate with us. This is the best way to ensure prescription refill accuracy. If this is unsuccessful, please email us as noted above; call if immediate assistance is needed.
If you have a clinical question, please see the documents you received at your last clinic visit with us for contact and other information, or try the phone or email address above. Of note, we cannot answer any clinical questions for patients who are not a part of our practice already.