The Diabetes Program at Phoenix Children's Hospital is made up of a multidisciplinary team of pediatric specialists who work together to provide the best care for children diagnosed with diabetes.
The Diabetes Team:
- Endocrinology Physicians
- Certified Diabetes Educator Nurses and Dietitians
- Child Life
We provide comprehensive care for those with type 1 diabetes, type 2 diabetes and diabetes related to other diagnosis such as cystic fibrosis, transplant and steroid-induced. The Diabetes Program offers:
- Innovations in care and research are offered, including management of insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring.
- Diabetes education to meet the needs of the whole family.
- Understanding that living well with diabetes is much more than just controlling blood sugar numbers.
- Individualized treatment using the most current research and latest innovations.
- Accreditation by the American Diabetes Association’s Education Recognition Program.
- Diabetes self-management support.
- Sponsored events for education and networking.
Classes and Individual Education for:
- New to Diabetes
- Insulin Pumping Basics
- After Going on the Pump
- Advanced Insulin Pumping
- Pattern Management
- Nutrition in Diabetes
- Transitioning to Adulthood
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Healthy Lifestyle
For more information on Type 1 diabetes, visit the Emily Center!
FOR EXISTING PHOENIX CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL ENDOCRINOLOGY AND DIABETES PATIENTS:
If you need a prescription refill, please contact your pharmacy and have them fax or electronically communicate with us. This is the best way to ensure prescription refill accuracy. If this is unsuccessful, please email us as noted above; call if immediate assistance is needed.
If you have a clinical question, please see the documents you received at your last clinic visit with us for contact and other information, or try the phone or email address above. Of note, we cannot answer any clinical questions for patients who are not a part of our practice already.