Understanding the New World of Health Insurance for Pediatric Care
Every day, people discover that the insurance plan they’ve purchased does not provide all the coverage they need. Making sure your family has the right insurance to cover a child’s illness, chronic condition or injury can be difficult if you don’t know what to look for. Laura Handy-Oldham and Michael Timmons of Phoenix Children's Hospital provide answers to your insurance questions before open enrollment:
- What type of insurance plan is best for my family’s situation?
- What’s the difference between deductibles, co-insurance and co-pays?
- How do I figure out the total cost of care and what my insurance covers vs. what I need to cover?
- How do I compare insurance options?
- How do I make sure I can see my favorite doctor?
- What’s a provider network and why is it important?
Get Help From Patient Financial Services
If your child has health care needs and you'd like help choosing the right plan, please contact our patient financial services team. With 85 years combined experience, they are uniquely equipped to help you make the best decisions for your family.