Mission & Values
To meet the needs of our growing community, we continue to expand, adding new top physicians, world-class programs and state-of-the-art facilities.
We provide hope, healing and the best healthcare for children and their families.
Phoenix Children's will be the premier regional pediatric center in the Southwest, nationally recognized as one of the best for pediatric care, innovative research and medical education. We will:
- Offer the most comprehensive pediatric care services in the Southwest, providing a full range of services solely dedicated to children.
- Be recognized for innovative research supported by leading clinical trials of new treatment and diagnostic methods.
- Be recognized for providing advanced education and training for clinical providers.
- Be known as an effective advocate for Arizona’s children.
- Family-centered care that focuses on the needs of the child first, and values the family as an important member of the care team
- Excellence in clinical care, service and communication
- Collaboration within our institution and with others who share our mission and goals
- Leadership that sets the standard for pediatric healthcare today and innovations of the future
- Accountability to our patients, community and each other for providing the best services in the most cost-effective way
Strategic Areas of Focus
- Growth: Phoenix Children’s will grow by expanding service lines; enhancing geographic coverage; aligning with physicians, hospitals and networks; expanding research and academic programs; and improving financial performance.
- Integration: Phoenix Children’s will become a clinically integrated organization aligned with physicians and organizations committed to improving quality across a full range of care while effectively managing the total cost of care.
- Quality: Phoenix Children’s will identify and implement changes that continually improve clinical quality, patient safety and customer service, using evidence-based best practices.