Family Centered Care
At Phoenix Children's Hospital, our focus is to provide the best hope, healing, and healthcare to children and their families. While most adult hospitals focus primarily on the health of the patient, we understand that the family is the main caregiver and decision-maker in a child's life. Siblings are deeply affected by a brother or sister's change in health and serious illnesses require adjustments to the entire family's life.
Our commitment to family-centered care means we:
- Recognize that the family is the constant in the child's life.
- Value patients' families as important members of the health care team.
- Respect each family's uniqueness, recognizing a family's strengths and different methods of coping.
- Listen with care and seek to understand the perspectives and needs of patients and their families.
- Share complete, clear, and unbiased information of the child's condition on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure privacy and confidentiality.
Learn more about our patient and family services.