Conditions We Treat
A fracture is a partial or complete break in the bone. When a fracture happens, it is classified as either open or closed:
- Open (compound) fracture: The bone breaks through the skin or the skin has a deep wound that exposes the bone.
- Closed (simple) fracture: The bone is broken, but there is no wound in the skin.
Symptoms can occur a bit differently in each child. Below are the most common symptoms a child will have if he or she breaks a bone:
- Obvious deformity of the bone
- Trouble using or moving the bone in a normal manner
- Warmth, bruising or redness